Hanging Plants Make Your Home Feel Like an Enchanted Forest

​There is a very specific kind of woman I aspire to be.

She lives in a little cottage tucked away in the woods. Her kitchen smells like rosemary and beeswax. There are herbs drying from the ceiling. She makes her own salves, reads romantasy by candlelight, and somehow always has fresh flowers in a vase.

She also apparently has time to water all of her plants.

I am working toward becoming her.

For now, I have the hanging plants.

And honestly, they’re doing a lot of heavy lifting.

There’s something about plants hanging in a sunny window that makes an ordinary room feel a little enchanted. The sunlight filters through the leaves, vines spill over the pots, and suddenly the kitchen looks less like the place where I just scraped yesterday’s mystery food off a toddler’s plate and more like the cottage of a woodland herbalist who may or may not know a spell for making sourdough rise.

That’s the aesthetic I’m after.

A little earthy. A little wild. A little romantic.

I want the herbs growing on the windowsill, the linen curtains, the wooden shelves, the jars of mysterious things I insist are useful, and enough greenery that I could plausibly disappear into the forest at any moment.

The reality is slightly less magical.

toys on the floor.

Someone needs a snack.

My drink that was confiscated by a toddler, decorating the floor.

And there is a very real possibility that one of my beloved plants is currently experiencing a small crisis because I forgot to water it.

But I think that’s what makes these little corners of beauty so worthwhile.

We don’t need every room to be perfectly styled or every surface to be covered in dried flowers and handmade pottery.

Sometimes you just need one sunny window.

Hang a few plants.

Add a little trailing greenery.

Put a candle nearby.

Maybe throw a book on the windowsill—preferably one involving forbidden magic, morally questionable men, or both.

And suddenly you’ve created a tiny escape.

A little reminder that ordinary life can still feel beautiful.

Even when you’re barefoot, covered in whatever your toddler ate for lunch, and wondering why there is a rock in your kitchen.

Not creating a perfect home.

Creating a home that feels alive.

wild and cozy.

A little bit like you could open the window and discover an enchanted forest waiting on the other side.

And if the plants happen to survive?

Well, that’s magic baby.


Comments

Popular Posts